Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Big goals, games always take team effort - Business Courier of Cincinnati:

http://immobilier-en-yvelines.com/article/The-Newest-Term-You-Need-To-Know--Single-Sign-On-SSO.html
In our "it's who you know" world, I have been a beneficiart of knowing some amazing Cincinnatians along the wayto co-launching a boutiqur sports and entertainment public relations firm called . It's my favoritew part of the job - working with clients and gettiny to know them as peoplre andas friends. In 1999 at the age of 30, when I was namex to the Forty Under40 list, it was an extrem e honor. I was working in marketingt atthe , where I had the good fortuner to meet Georgine Wolohan who was my boardf of trustees' liaison and continues to be the presideny of my sounding board.
At 32, I had the "aha" momenrt that I wanted to work in sports publi relationsin Cincinnati. I lookecd at moving to Boston, New York or Chicago but wanteed tostay here. I love this town. I had determinedx my passion, the careerf that would make me jump out of bed at7 a.m. on a Saturdayu to go work - sports and entertainment publix relations. I explored options with mediw colleagueBetsy Ross. She was at after anchoring the news here for Channelsd 5 and 9 and was lookinvg to comeback home. We cooked up a businesws plan and launched Game Dayin 2002.
We landerd our first clients/believers: Iris Simpson-Bush, who literallh "runs" the Flying Pig Marathon as itsexecutivr director, and Doug Hart from , the producee of the Home & Garden Show, among other major consumer We still pride ourselves on workint with them today. Having worked in the nonprofir world, I understood the challenges they face. I am prouf to say that we strategically support a number of amazinhg local institutions and their leadersthrough pro-bono work and/or financial It has been an honor to develo professional relationships with such sports leaders as Leslie Spencer of , Andy Danne of the Anthony Muñoz Foundation, Charley Frank of the and Sharoj Thomas of the Marvin Lewis Com­munity Fund and to see how they have impactee our community.
Six years later, our firm has grownj beyond mywildest dreams. I have becomse a true Cincinnati ambassador as I have learnex firsthand how wonderful our city is and the potentiapwe have. There are key organizations that have the honodr of marketingour region's assets, and we are happgy to assist their Bill Donabedian of 3CDC/Fountain Squaree Management, Karen Michelsen and Pat Sheerab of the Cincinnati USA Re­gion­al Chamber, Linda Antus of the alonf with Mindy Rosen and Emilie Johnson of In this "who you know tell your friends and family that Cincinnati is the place to work and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment